Monday, May 16, 2011

Art

Art is something I love. I don't know what it is but I love it!


I'm not really into the whole paint on canvas, or modern art. Vintage art and old posters is what I really like. Photography is another part of art that I like. Harvey Edwards is one of the photographers that I'm partial to.



Harvey Edwards does ballet photography. I even have a copy of one of his works in my room. It's a very colorful piece. It's a bunch of costumes backstage at Ballet Boston Massachusetts.
It took me forever to find it, I searched all over art.com for it. I was trying to find something warm and colorful as an expression of me. I also have another one by him. It's called "Red Shoes." I have always loved ballet and point shoes, and this piece of art is one solitary pair of red point shoes in a sea of European pink satin pointe shoes.


The two pieces of vintage art I have are Parisian. There's a soft spot in my heart for Paris, and Parisian art. It's so different from everything, which is why I love it.


























I'm an art nut! One of my favorite paintings that I wont bore you with a picture of is called "The consecration of the Emperor Napoleon" it's actually housed in the Louvre. The painting is HUGE it's as tall as the wall, and very wide, but very nice. The first time I saw it I was in French class (surprise, surprise) it was on a calender that my teacher had, and it seemed to me that I had seen it before. I instantly liked it, and I even have the calender page that has the paining on it still.



Take a look at the painting. Google it, and look how it's painted. See how the Pope is being ignored by Napoleon, and how tall Napoleon is.



Ever wondered where the "Napoleon complex" comes from?

No comments:

Post a Comment