Sunday, September 6, 2009

Boobage

Boobs...women have then, some hate them, men tend to love them. Something I still don't get but whatever ( I have a feeling my mother may blush at the above sentence).

I've often wondered why we women have been "blessed" with boobs. Their either too small or to large, some get the happy medium others don't.

Every time I go for a run I think about this. Usually when there bouncing everywhere, despite the sports bra.

When you've got an abundance of boobage it makes it difficult to do many things, like running, swimming in a two piece, and wearing button up shirts.

As I was driving back to work the other day from PT, I noticed a woman who was a little heavy, and a rather large booty, and chest running with a partner. A thought occurred to me...is running hard for her? It seemed like it was, I don't think her boobage was tied down at all.

It gets tough sometimes, you're trying to run but your boobs just move around so much that it takes more of an effort to run, and not feel like you're running out of breath.

The same thing goes for swimming. You can find a great pair of bottoms, which for me is hard to do but I do have one pair of bottoms that look great on me, but finding a top is difficult, especially when it's not made to be sold separately.

When I go swimming with the girls, we usually start to play around in the water, ya know, the doing flips doing handstands under water sort of thing. But every time I jump from in the water to out of the water to back in the water, my top doesn't like to stay on, or I'm constantly adjusting then readjusting my coverage.

Me, I love to dive, but once again when I dive my top doesn't like to. Sometimes it has a mind of it's own.

Some people are so lucky, they see a really cute button up shirt, the like it they buy it, all is well. Me or women like me however see a cute button up shirt, try it on, realize that when it's buttoned up, the buttons around the biggest part of our boobs pulls to either side and screams, "Hey look at me I'm a large pair of boobs in a shirt that doesn't fit."

One of my friends just recently had a reduction. She looks so much better now, her boobs look like they belong on her body. Before she had reduction, her boobs use to be so large that at night it would pinch a nerve in her back and make her arms or legs go numb for a little while.

I don't know if I will understand why women want to get "DD" or "FF" implants. That's just so much more weight on your top end that is really not that flattering. Granted, their are women who are born with little to no boobage who have a self esteem issue that decide later on in life to augmentation to alleviate that problem but their is such a thing as too much.

Boobage is also a problem when you're trying to loose weight and part of your weight is stuck in your boobs. Trust me, it wasn't until I dropped like 20 lbs on cruise that my boobs actually diminished in size slightly. I wish when I do weigh-ins for the PRT that we could subtract the weight of our boobs, especially since men don't have that issue, so weigh-ins are no problem for them.

Boobage is a bitch to deal with, their needs to be a way to diminish the boobage that we carry around with us for most of our lives with out surgery, or a dramatic drop in weight.

1 comment:

  1. You are so right about the boobage issue. And I never thought about being able to deduct the weight of your boobs....I'm going to try that next time I got to the doctor's office.

    Who, me? Blush? Surely you jest....

    ReplyDelete