Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Traveling bug...

I know, WOW...TWO in one day! That's saying something for sure! It's just something I've been thinking about and I just wanted to share my thoughts again. It's been three years since I've been anywhere outside the continental US, and I'm longing to get out for a vacation. My biggest desire is to go back to Europe and visit Paris and London again, maybe even see Italy again.

When I was eighteen I went on a cruise with my Nanny and my three year old cousin. It was on one of the newer cruising companies, but one that is very much up my alley. I went on a Disney cruise. It was a lot of fun for me, I was still a bit scared at that point to go out on my own and try some new things but at this point I'm less gun shy and more gung-ho!

They have a new ship that is making it's maiden voyage in March called the Disney Fantasy, and I WANT TO GO! Maybe not necessarily on the maiden voyage, but on that ship YES! I was just looking at photos and videos of the ship today, and boy howdy is it neat. They have this really neat water slide that goes over the side of the ship that they uniquely call an AquaDuck. No, not an Aqueduct an AquaDuck, in honour of Donald Duck. Who happens to be my favorite duck.

They (the imagineers at Disney) build their ships around the attractions, which is very different from most cruising companies. The neatest thing is that not only do they have families and kids in mind but they also do a lot for the adults. They have adult only areas two adult only restaurants, as well as a health club and spa. Almost every night theirs a Broadway show that is performed and theirs always a movie playing in a stadium seat theatre, as well as a promenade deck to run around if you feel like it. The new ship is very different in size from the first two ships. The Disney Fantasy and the Disney Dream are much bigger and have more to offer.

This picture shows the differnce between the two newest ships and the older ships that are in the foreground. Somehow some way I have got to find myself cruising on the water again.

No comments:

Post a Comment