Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tomato soup bowl

As I was cooking my dinner tonight...wait, let me re-phrase  that, as I was heating up my soup I was reminded about something from when I was a kid. The reason I was heating dinner rather than cooking per-se is because groceries have been costing me more money, so now that its getting colder outside, I'm resorting to buying soup, since it's cheaper and just a bit faster than preparing an actual meal for just me.

When I was growing up, my Mom had gotten these set of bowls as a gift. For what I'm not sure, there were four of them and each was different. One was onion, another was potato, another was mushroom, and the last one was tomato. They were really cute, they had recipes on the front for each different one, and they each had a handle like a cup on them.

For some strange reason, I would not eat out of any bowl but the tomato soup bowl. I didn't like tomato soup, really didn't even like tomato's at that point (still don't). It never failed that each time Mom served something that required a bowl (other than cereal and ice cream) I could be found eating out of that bowl.

What reminds me about that bowl, and I'm sure Mom has a picture of me eating out of that bowl too, was I was fixing myself vegetable soup for dinner. That's one of the soups that I always eat that and chicken-noodle. It's just one of those things as a kid that you tend to cling to, almost like a security blanket, except mine was a tomato soup bowl.

Kinda funny when you think about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment