Monday, October 22, 2012

Oh the places I want to go!

Feeling trapped within the bounds of my house as well as the continental U.S. has given my mind plenty of time to roam around the world and think about the places I would like to visit. I'll start with the places within the U.S. that I would like to go.

  • Las Vegas, Nevada
  • Disneyland, California
  • New Orleans, Louisiana
  • Charleston, South Carolina
  • Washington, D.C.
  • New York City, New York
  • Key West, Florida
Europe
  • London, England
  • Edinburgh, Scotland
  • Paris, France
  • Loire Valley, France
  • Normandy, France
  • Brittany, France
  • Rome, Italy
  • Venice, Italy
  • Verona, Italy
  • Florence, Italy
  • Athens, Greece
  • Hania, Crete, Greece
Russia
  • St. Petersburg
There is more to just wanting to visit these places there are things to see and do. So these are the things I would like to see and do.

  • Stonehenge
  • Queens Gallery
  • Climb the Eiffel tower
  • Visit the Louvre
  • Explore Versailles
  • Walk the gardens of Chateau Chenunceau
  • See the Toullerie Gardens
  • Walk the beaches of Normandy
  • See the tomb of Juliette (as an adult, and not lay down in it this time ;p)
  • Glassblowing shops of Venice
  • St. Peters square
  • Statue of David and art museums in Florence
  • Ruins of Ancient Greece
  • The Winter Palace in Russia (home to the last Tsar and his family, yes, that means Anastasia Romanov)
  • Mardi Gras and the French Quarter
  • Visit Disneyland
  • Statue of Liberty (got close last time, just didn't get off the boat)
  • Ellis Island (really explore this time)
  • White Star Line pier (the one Titanic was supposed to dock at)
  • Broadway show (Les Mis, Scandalous, Wicked, Book of Mormon)
  • Smithsonian Museum (All of them)
  • Washington monument
  • Lincoln Memorial
  • Vietnam Memorial
  • Arlington National Cemetery (I have friends remains interred there)
I'm sure there is more but I'm a little fuzzy today so maybe later I will add more, until then. Happy exploring!

1 comment: