Friday, July 3, 2009

My 25th birthday

On the 29th of June I turned 25. So since it was my birthday my friend Gin (Ginny Link) decided that she would make the best of it for me starting at 1145 the night before. The story with that is two years ago we had flown to VA to go to the boat on early det for COMPTUEX, and I told her as we were sitting on the bus going to the boat that it was my birthday, it was 1219 am and what does the woman do? She yells out that it's my birthday and tries to get everyone to sing happy birthday to me that was there, it wound up being just here but it was funny and embarrassing, but it was sweet of her to do. That's why she decided to show up at my house at 1145 on the 28th. I had just gotten back from SC and was exhausted and trying to sleep but she was persistent then she decides to call me and tell me to come down and let her in! I told her let yourself in you have a key!!! In all her bubblieness she came in and waited for it to be 19 minutes after midnight and proceeded to sing happy birthday to me, and she brought a balloon for me! So the very same morning much later now, I went and picked her up at her apartment and took her to PSD, then I had to stop and get gas on base. Shouldn't have stopped I just new she was going to do something, and oh boy did she. She's on the other side of the car standing up and talking to me over the car as I'm getting gas and then next thing you know she's telling everyone that it's my birthday as loud as she could. Then there was lunch and oh boy can she be a sneaky little devil, we had just sat down to eat and she was telling me she forgot her phone in the car (yeah, right) so I gave her the keys and she comes back sits down, and tells me I might want to move that box next to me before somebody trips over it. I has no idea where it cam from and she had this "I'm innocent look" on her face. She kept bugging me to open it. I was trying to wait until after I had finished my lunch but nope I had to open it then. She had made me a knotted UGA fleece blanket that had two different sides. One had Harry dawg on it, the Arches, and the Older UGA bulldog on it, the other side is my favorite, it has the UGA "G" on it printed in an Argyle style. So we've finished eating and I knew she was going to do something yet again and she did I couldn't walk fast enough. She started singing happy birthday to me as we walked out of Zaxby's. Gin is a one of a kind gal!

No comments:

Post a Comment