Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Only people from Georgia.....

Yesterday, I was sent out on an early morning food run to of all places in the world to be at 9 in morning Tropical Smoothie.

As I was standing there waiting for my smoothies to be finished, another customer walked in. As I was about to find out she too was from Georgia.

She approached me and asked if that was my car out there with the Georgia tag. I said I was and we started making pleasant conversation.

Then she asked where Barrow County was. She thought it was near Atlanta or Athens. I told her that it was about 45 minutes North East of Atlanta. Between Athens and Atlanta. We both agreed that we miss is and it's such a great place to live. I told the lady that I liked it around fall when all the leaves began to change.

Then the Lady asked me if Staham, or Statham as she said it, was in Barrow County. I replied that it was and that I grew up there. She then said that she has family there and asked if I knew them.

Being polite I said I may who knows maybe I would maybe I wouldn't. So she gives me the name of her family, and asked if I knew them, I said I didn't think so and she begins to tell me that her cousins daughter just recently started attending Berry College.

I got my smoothies, said good-bye and started back for work. As I got back in my car I came to this conclusion....Only people in Georgia would ask if you knew someone from Georgia.

1 comment:

  1. When I was about to go to UGA, a girl told me, "You'll have to look for my friend John. He's really tall and has a big nose."

    That narrowed it down a lot.

    ReplyDelete