Sunday, August 2, 2009

Kindness

The other day someone payed me the kind of complement I had never received before. They said they wanted to be like me, because I am always so nice to people, and I always smile.

I don't know why anyone would want to be me, but I appreciate it none the less. I am or I think I try to be a kind person. I like to be nice to people, it's my nature I guess. When I was growing up people were not very nice to me. They picked on me and called me names, I never understood why.

I'm one of those people that try their best to do what they can for my friends or for anyone that deserves it, and even those that don't.

When my friend told me this I was a little blown away, she said she wanted to be nicer to people because she feels she's a bitch most of the time. Which, in all honesty she is but she can be nice too, when she tried. She didn't think I got mad and blew up at people. My Chief that had been sitting in there listing started laughing and told her that I have in fact blown up on people, and she's seen it, it just takes a while to do it.

I have a really big heart, and I'm sensitive to the extreme. Which is a quality I'm not that fond of. Emotions are not my best friend, their my worst enemy, I think it has a lot to do with anxiety. I want to do what I can for people because I want to and I know that most will not go that extra mile for anyone no matter what.

Morale of the story or rambling is be nice to be nice, not to get anything out of it but to give a little part of you to someone else, and maybe you will be that one person that shows them that kindness in that day, or week. They may take the kindness that you have shown and put it to good use, or even start a chain and pass it one.

No comments:

Post a Comment