Monday, July 25, 2011

The beginning

There's no real way to start from the beginning, when you don't know what the beginning is.

All my life I have been surrounded by books. My Mom had a huge book shelf that her Dad, whom the grand-kids called Papa Chet, had built. It was a massive thing, but it held so many books, inludng some of my own. My Nanny (Moms, Mom) had a lot of books too, I rember all the different kinds of books and pictures. On top she had glasses that she collected on her many cruises.

I remember when I was little when we would go to the Piggly Wiggly, they alwas had these certain Disney books, Mom would usually try and get me one that I didn't already have. When we would get home I think I couldn't wait for bed time so she would read me my new book. There's one I still remember, it's vague but it was about Cinderlla and her ugly step sister, the book was pink, with Cinderella, Anastasia, and Drucilla on the cover looking in a mirror.

When I was six I started getting two or three books a week from something called Weekly reader. Funny thing is, I toted my weekly reader bag full of books to my first UGA football game.

I guess you could say, I was destined to love books. I have two bok cases right now, and one is completely filled, and the other is getting there. Whenever I was on the boat I would go through at least two or three a month. When your on the boat, there's not that much to do at night, so I would just lie in my rack and read. Mom would usually and me two or three for me if I couldn't get access to the Internet to buy own. Sometimes after I was finished with my books I would send them back to home to Mom.

I also had accumulated a lot of books when I lived I'm the barracks. When I first got to Jacksonville I had no clue what to expect, so for the first few months I lived there I had no tv unless I went to the common room. The number one priority when I first got to jax was to find a mall so I could find a book store and an American Eagle. That's also how I discovered my love of target, I had nothing else to do and didn't really know anyone, so I would just peruse the shelves of target.

No comments:

Post a Comment