Friday, July 8, 2011

Images

You take a picture, you look at the screen, and what do you see?

I know I don't see myself. I don't see myself in some pictures the way I see myself. It gets a little aggravating, and sometimes when their done professionally, I'm REALLY picky about how they look. If I'm not comfortable it shows in my pictures. Sometimes the one that's posing knows if the pose they are doing makes them feel like a dumb ass or not.

Everyone has image issues, some or more pronounced that others, but we all deal with some sort of image issue or another. In today's society it is a sad and common occurrence. Take for example, my evil twin, she thinks she is so hideous, fat, and pail so she constantly feels the need to tan. She is obsessed with tanning, well she's OCD as it is but that's a different story. Oh, and evil twin, she's a 5'3 roughly 130-135 lbs...that's average for her height.

There are times when I really want a candid shot of me to display but then I look at it and I cringe. It will take me several shots just to find the one that I like. Sometimes I wish society would just pull their heads out their butts and realize that not everyone is the same. We are all designed differently, it's in our DNA.

Maybe one day the first picture I take of me will be the one I think shows me the way I see myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment