Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Outlet shopping

Do you remember when you were a kid and all the places your parents dragged you to, that you despised going to? I do!


What brings this up is the fact that over the weekend I went to the St. Augustine, Premium outlets. That was the first time I had been to an outlet center since I was a kid. It seems to me that outlets are the "bees knees" these days, compared to when I was a kid.


It was usually around school time, my Mom would take me and probably my cousin to the outlets in Commerce, GA. I never liked going. To me the trip was more for my Mom, than it was for us kids. The only place that was there, that we liked was the KB toys store. I don't remember what all was there when we went besides that place, but I think there was a place where you could make your own t-shirts. You chose the color and the screen print, and they would make it for you.


I've been meaning to go to the outlet center for a while. There are a lot more stores there that I like and want to check out. A great example would be the Coach Factory outlet store. I've been wanting a really nice designer handbag. Why? I don't have a great answer other than the fact that I like them, and I'm very picky about colors and what kind of bag I like. I felt kind of awkward walking in there since I know the bags are usually a little expensive. When I walked in they were very nice and immediately handed me a 30% off coupon! Now if that doesn't say "please shop here" I don't know what does. They were very nice and helped me out when I was looking for a wristlet, which doubles as a wallet. I found out that the factory outlet only has the discounted styles...BUT I did find myself a nice bag. It's smaller than I've had in a while but it looks better when you want to dress up. Vera Bradley is nice, but it's a little to casual for some things.


My bag is really cute, it's brown with the Coach "C's" embroidered all over it. I like neutral tone bags...they tend to go with just about everything. It was originally about $173.00, but it was already on discount for $109.00 with my "today only" discount of 30% I was able to get it for only $80.00. Now THAT is what I call a bargain.


Since I couldn't find the wristlet that I wanted I went ahead and went to the Coach store over at the St. Johns Town Center, and picked up the one I wanted. Then, today I had to go to the NEX and I went over to the Coach bag section, and found my wristlet for $10.00 cheaper than what I paid at the Coach store...SMH...next time I feel froggy, I need to go to the exchange FIRST then look at the factory outlet or even the regular store.


Another part of my outlet adventure was the Nike store. I needed some new shoes and work out clothes. They really didn't have that much to offer even if it was the outlet store. They had more at Dick's sporting goods that I liked, plus they had the shoes, but I decided I wanted to look for a bargain rather than full price. I was able to get one of the tank top style workout tops that I liked, for about $20.00 and it was originally priced at $45.00 I also got me some capri work out pants for $20.00 less than what they were at Dick's. Although the Nike outlet didn't have my shoes, I went back to Dick's and got the ones there. They were still on sale for $15.00 less than they were originally, even it was $75.00, there cute too...there PINK or magenta really and white. Somehow I've gotten into wearing pink again...I have no idea why, must be because I feel like a girl again.


When you work in a dominantly male environment and you can't do this and you can't do that, you take every opportunity when you are not working to look as smell like a girl.


Have I passed the discount (sorda) shopping bug to anyone? It's a little contagious!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know WHERE you get this thing about purses and bags.... Must be from your dad's side of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhhhhhmm, that would be a big no! Lol I get from the one who can't decide what size purse is for her, so she changes purses every now and then, the only one she's kept is the red leather GA one she wears on her mo-ped :D

    ReplyDelete