Sunday, July 17, 2011

Running rampant

It amazes me sometimes how much the mind will wonder. Especially if you're trying to sleep and your mind will not turn off. I have this affliction...I think, and worry, and review things in my head over and over and over. It gets most annoying when I'm trying to sleep. I've been given a sleep aide but I don't like the way it makes me feel. When it does work, I feel like I might pass out any minute and not make it to bed. I'm a closet control freak, I prefer to be in control. That way I can blame myself like I normally do when something doesn't go right.

Mom says I beat myself up way to much, and I need to learn to let some things go. Easier said than done. I don't know why I'm hard on myself, I just am, guess I developed it growing up, who knows!

It is always hardest at night to turn off my brain. Most of the time it causes me to toss and turn, losing sleep at each passing minute. Usually at that point when I know it wont shut off for a while, I'll either get up and read some if I have a book, or I'll watch TV for a little while longer until I can fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment